This file lists the changes in Cadcorp SIS · Spatial Information System · 9.0, using 9.0.2275 · Service Release 3 as the reference.
- Image Items did not respect Overlay transparency or compositing settings.
- The Advanced drawing engine could apply Overlay transparency and compositing settings twice, leading to incorrect output.
- The Advanced drawing engine could produce incorrect output when 'clipping' drawing to more than one region on the output device, eg drawing a Bitmap within a Map Frame.
- The Process Theme did not advertise its
- The SQL engine used by the SQL control bar and the Query Dataset has been upgraded and now includes support for
- The Adobe PDF Publisher could cause a crash under some circumstances, for example if the publish failed unexpectedly, such as running out of disk space.
- The Oracle Spatial/Locator cursor-based Dataset did not read
SDO_GEOMETRY objects correctly if the
SDO_POINT member was non-
NULL and the
SDO_ELEM_INFO members (that together describe multi-point, linear or polygonal geometry) were also non-
- HTTP requests, eg as used by the OGC WMS client, have improved handling of HTTPS-enabled servers that require or accept client certificates. This can lead to an additional system dialog being displayed when first making such a request (in UI-based products only, eg SIS Desktop).
- Initial support is now available for the Environment Agency Real Time flood monitoring API, via a Plug-in Dataset configured by JSON file.
- The Table Window did not show a dropdown list of pre-defined options for a Schema column if the user-defined attribute in the column had not yet been set on the Item displayed in the grid row.
- An earlier change to fix raster drawing when printing led to some Print Template 'furniture', eg NorthPoint or ScaleBar Items, not drawing at some scales.
- The default Windows Metafile copied to the clipboard whenever the Copy command is used in the Map Window did not calculate the metafile extents correctly leading to incomplete drawing in some cases, and, if a tile-based Dataset was in the view, a crash.
- SWDs and Overlays can now use the
Credits$ attribute to add credits text to Map windows. In addition, the default bitmaps copied to the clipboard whenever the Copy command is used in the Map window now also includes any credits text.
- The Process wizard mistakenly listed GB-specific Geocoders in non-GBR locales.
- The performance and appearance of Gradient Pens has been improved, in particular the amount of memory consumed while drawing, which could cause problems in the 32-bit version of SIS.
- Earlier changes to enable commands that draw interactively to use full 32-bit anti-aliased drawing led to the SIS ActiveX Control not sending
MouseTrack 'events' as frequently, thus interfering with any application-specific interactive mouse position tracking.
- GeognoSIS could crash when opening and closing Esri Shapefiles opened as cursor-based Datasets, ie where companion
.prj files are present, in multiple threads.
- Triangulating a Polygon Item could cause a crash in the 64-bit version of SIS.
- Advanced Brush Styles with custom hatch patterns did not draw correctly if the hatch Pen was also advanced, eg had an offset.
- The Create Polygon command, and the
DecomposeGrid GisLink API method, did not apply matching Colourset colours if the Grid Item Colourset was specified as a user-defined string.
- An earlier change to the Microsoft SQL Server Spatial cursor-based Dataset to share connection metadata led to failures when multiple threads attempted to access individual table rows (referenced by Item bookmark), in the same database connection, at the same time.
- The 'checklist box' on the Join Table configuration wizard page did not draw correctly on first appearance, or after one or more of their boxes were ticked or unticked.
- Theme legend previews are now drawn as precisely as possible, ie without any automatic geometry generalisation.
- An earlier change prevented Individual Value or Ranges Themes being created from user-defined JSON representation via the
DefineNolObject GisLink API method.
- An earlier change led to the wizard file browsing pages being slow to list the contents of folders containing multiple, or large and deeply-nested, ZIP files.
- The Expression Builder dialog did not include the
_boxPad# (Box padding) property in the Text category.
- CRSs based on the 'Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area' coordinate operation/projection could not be created from their EPSG code.
- The GeognoSIS Tile Cache could cause a deadlock when a referenced SWD was updated while tiles were also being requested.
- Bitmap Items imported from JPEG or TIFF files could cause a crash when drawn from multiple threads, even in the case of multiple different such Items being drawn at the same time.
- The OS Data Hub Wizard page now references 'Premium/Public Sector Plan' in readiness for the availability of the new Public Sector Plan for PSGA members in early 2021.
- SIS did not parse OGC CRS
FITTED_CS Well-known Text correctly.
- An earlier change to support mixed case object names in databases led to Filter Expressions being automatically converted to incorrect SQL when used with a Cadcorp Item Database (IDB) Dataset.
- Earlier changes could lead to cursor-based Datasets ignoring filters that had automatically been converted to SQL.
- The Adobe PDF Publisher did not use any specified 'Document Info', eg title, subject, etc, entered in the UI.
- The Create Contours (fixed intervals) Process operation created incorrect results including, in particular, discontinuous contours.
- Various 'checklist boxes' in the UI did not draw correctly on first appearance, or after one or more of their boxes were ticked or unticked.
- The Dissolve Process operation could cause highly unpredictable behaviour, including a crash, if any of the discovered sets of Items to be unioned together only contained a single Item.
- Earlier changes to use more modern and efficient standard C++ container classes led to the Join LineStrings command, the Join LineStrings Process operation, and the JoinLines GisLink API method only working correctly if the last Item in the list of candidates to be joined was also the last Item in the resulting completed join.
- SIS ActiveX Control Events were not 'fired' reliably from non-Map Window-based controls, eg Table Window-based.
- The GDAL-based Plug-in Exporter for Grid Items did not handle the pixel data types introduced in SIS 9.0, eg 32-bit float, etc.
- The Adobe PDF Publisher now clips coordinates much more aggressively in order to prevent unexpected drawing artefacts when the published PDF file is subsequently printed from Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- An earlier change to the Tile Dataset to support tile layouts and CRSs other than the de facto standard one typically used on the web caused an off-by-one error the prevented most detailed (largest scale) level of tiles being used.
- The ERDAS ECW Exporter could create incorrect output if any Items being drawn used a Gradient Brush or Pen style.
- Label Themes with the 'Move to output' setting enabled could label a single Item multiple times if the 'Print as Bitmap' option was also selected.
- SWDs with the 'Draw labels at the end' setting enabled did not draw the labels correctly if the Dataset CRS and underlying CRS of the view projection were different.
- Multi-threaded processing that caused an internal, benign, error, could lead to the SIS or GeognoSIS process terminating.
- An earlier change to allow Grid Items to contain data of different types led to several Grid-related Process operations, eg Create Slope, Create Aspect, generating incorrect results.
- An earlier change to allow the status of an Overlay to be edited while still loading led to file-based Datasets opened via drag-and-drop only ever having Visible or Invisible status, never Hittable (which is the default for most Datasets).
- The GeoJSON and TopoJSON Plug-in Datasets have more fine-grained support of numeric types, including new support for 64-bit integers.
- The GeoJSON Plug-in Dataset that loads data from a URL did not reload correctly when saved in an SWD.
- The Advanced drawing engine could draw raster data in the wrong place when printing.
- Support for Arabic text in Text Item and Label Theme drawing, and the Adobe PDF Publisher, has been improved when the text contains both right-to-left and left-to-right characters.
- Custom cursors have been restored for non-construction commands, with new cursors for operations that move and edit Items. In addition, some construction cursors did not use the construct cursor reintroduced in an earlier change.
- The Microsoft SQL Server Spatial Plug-in Exporter now displays a more specific error message when the current CRS is not suitable for exporting (typically when it does not match a well-known EPSG-defined CRS, with a specific code).
- The Map Window was not drawn correctly after a pan when using the Advanced drawing engine, if any the visible Overlays were partially transparent.
- The Add Overlay Wizard mistakenly offered the OS Data Hub wizard pages in non-GBR locales.
- The Map Window selection did not draw correctly when the drawing engine was changed from Simple to Advanced or Hardware Accelerated.
- Grayscale PNG files with a pixel bit-depth less than a byte, eg 1-bit monochrome, and with a transparent colour, caused SIS to crash. In addition, when added as a Dataset, the transparency was ignored.
- Cursor-based Datasets configured to use a 'Feature Data Column' did not draw correctly in GeognoSIS.
--SentinelRMSRemoteRenewalTime:SSS command-line parameter (where
SSS is specified in seconds) has been added for overriding the default setting from the
cadcorp.lservrc file. NB The override can only be set once per licence feature name.
- The Theme wizards now allow the Legend dialog to be used when edited from the Libraries control bar (ie when no current SWD and Overlay are available).
- The Range Theme wizard now allows the expression and individual range break values to be changed when edited from the Libraries control bar (ie when no current SWD and Overlay are available). Settings that depend on having the set of available values present, eg the number of ranges, cannot be edited.
- Bitmap and Image Items without any georeferencing metadata that were loaded by a Plug-in were not reloaded in the correct position after saving and reopening an SWD.
- User-defined Symbol strings now include any Item attributes, eg for use after the Explode Symbol command.
- User-defined Symbol strings did not include the alignment of any BoxText Items.
- The OGC KML/KMZ Plug-in Exporters did not handle 'Hollow' Brushes or 'Null' Pens.
- The Edit Brush and Edit Pen dialogs could fail to use, and sometimes lose, Gradient settings if the Brush or Pen being edited had other 'advanced styles', eg a custom hatch pattern for a Brush, or embedded Symbols for a Pen.
- Drawing from Mapbox Vector Tile Specification (MVT) data using any associated Mapbox Style Specification metadata did not draw rotated labels at the correct angle, and ignored any symbols rotation.
- Brushes with a repeating Symbol pattern did not draw correctly if the Items in the Symbol used a 'By Overlay' Pen.
- Process Operations that create Grid Items, eg Kernel density estimation, did not work correctly when used in a Process Dataset within an SWD being opened by GeognoSIS.
- The OS Data Hub Wizard pages did not regenerate the list of available 'Products' for the Features API, after returning back to the OS Data Hub API Wizard page from the Features API wizard page, changing the 'Premium Plan' setting, and continuing on to the Features API wizard page again.
- The OS Data Hub API Wizard page now stores (and restores) the 'Premium Plan' setting if the API Key is saved in the settings database.
- The Generalise command has been re-enabled for Link Items, having been unecessarily disabled by earlier engineering changes. In addition, the dialog used for Generalise and other similar commands no longer allows the 'Keep original Item(s)' option to be used if any of the selected Items is topological.
- GeognoSIS Administrator did not register newly created GeognoSIS instances as an event source for the Windows Event Viewer, preventing any events being displayed in the UI.
- The GeognoSIS OGC W*S implementations had some minor XML errors, in particular with
Exception, ie error, report responses.
GetBlobB GisLink API method caused a crash when the
SIS_BLOB_SIS_BIN_ITEM format was requested for a Bitmap Item.
- Some minor performance improvements have been made to drawing in general, and to the Map Window when drawing 'credits' text in particular.
- Earlier changes to enable multi-threaded drawing could lead to incorrect output when Items with partially transparent styles were drawn.
- Changing the drawing engine now correctly regenerates the selection, in order to avoid drawing problems when switching to and from the Simple drawing engine, which has more limited drawing capabilities.
- Panning, zooming and rotating in the 3D Window has been modified to draw for longer before interruption, ie in order to start drawing the new view, allowing more of the 3D 'scene' to be drawn without significantly affecting performance.
- Vertical scrolling in the Map Window could lead to any selection being drawn incorrectly.
- The OS Code-Point Open Plug-in Geocoder now checks for a 'local' version of the database first when searching for postcode units, thus allowing new postcode units to be added, or the locations of existing postcode units to be modified. The 'local' database path is
%APPDATA%\Cadcorp SIS\9.0\OSGB.CodePointOpen\Cadcorp.OSGB.CodePointOpen.Plugin.db. The 'local' database schema must match that of the standard database file, although the other
postcode_<type>s tables, eg
postcode_sectors do not need to exist.
- A recent change to the OS Code-Point Open Plug-in Geocoder to always uses the latest data available led to the eight postcode areas that start with a single character, eg
W, etc, being skipped, and therefore not included in the supplied database.
- GeognoSIS Manager can now edit the product of a stopped GeognoSIS instance.
- The OS Open UPRN and OS Open USRN Plug-in Geocoders have been added, using the latest data available when built, via the OS Data Hub Downloads API. The geocoder databases are too large (
~3 Gb and
~700 Mb, respectively) to include in the standard installation, and will be made available separately, with details to be confirmed.
- The OS Data Hub Features API Plug-in Dataset did not handle numeric identifiers correctly, eg
UPRN, if they were larger than the maximum value of a signed 32-bit integer, ie
(2 ^ 31) -1 (
- Creating a new Overlay using the Raster Index Plug-in Dataset did not mark the Overlay as a 'Basemap' Overlay.
- Clicking on the Overlay icon in the Maps control bar, or the Overlays dialog tree, changed the status of an Overlay saved in the SWD with Invisible status to Hittable, even if the Overlay was marked as a 'Basemap' Overlay.
- The OS Data Hub Names API Plug-in Geocoder has been added.
- The OS Code-Point Open Plug-in Geocoder now always uses the latest data available when built, via the OS Data Hub Downloads API.
- Text Item and Label Theme drawing, and the Adobe PDF Publisher, have improved support for Arabic text.